Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Where is your heart?

This is going to be a short post as I'm having Pharmacology Test tomorrow. *horror* Anyway, I just want to share a bit on what I enjoy tonight during the prayer meeting.

There were eight saints from China came to the prayer meeting tonight and they told us a lot of testimonies of the church life in China. Though China is still under the control of People's Republic of China, the saints there are still willing to sacrifice their life for the Lord. I can't really imagine how their life really is even though they had said a lot about it but I am sure that life is definitely not easy for them. Heck, life is never easy in the first place. However, one thing from their testimonies that really captures my attention, which is the thing that keeps them going forward and being motivated, is - their heart. Where does your heart lie upon? The world or God? If our heart is for the Lord, then whatever we do or say, will be for Christ, through Christ, with Christ and by Christ. I suppose this matter touches me deeply is because that my heart is never single and pure. Temptations would always distract me away from the path of life, not just in terms of spirituality but also in responsibility and priority. Whatever you set your heart upon, that is what's keeping you motivated and moving on. Therefore, set your heart on the things of Christ, as it is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing; the words which I have spoken to you are spirit and are life... John 6:63.

No comments:

Post a Comment