Friday, April 25, 2008

Sick Reality

Coming home for the weekend is always a refuge for me, mentally and physically. It is always a comfort. However, reality never gives me a break.

While having some heart to heart conversations with my Mum, she told me that a sister we know is having skin cancer, stage 4. She has melanoma and it is the most serious type of all skin cancer. I was really shocked because she is only in her thirties. To my understanding, I always thought Caucasians would have a higher chance of getting skin cancer as they are much fairer, which makes them more vulnerable. She didn't want to let a lot of people know about her condition and that even her colleagues have no idea what she is going through. I'm sure she has her own reasons for doing so. In moments like this, I always feel rather cold, as in not worrying much about it. In my heart, I always believe that everything happens for a reason and I also believe that God's purpose in that particular situation will be manifested through her and to everyone around her. Though I can't understand what is it like for her or how she is feeling, I trust in the Lord will guide her through. That's why sometimes I feel that I'm kind of cold, not worrying much about it. I know there is only one thing that I can do and that is to pray. May the Lord give her strength to overcome her present situation.



Trust in Jehovah with all your heart,
Do not rely on your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He will make your paths straight.
O the depth of the riches
And wisdom and knowledge of God!
How unsearchable are His judgments
And untraceable His ways!
Because out from Him and through Him
And to Him are all things.
To Him be the glory forever. Amen.

P.S.
Is it just me or is quite a number of people having cancer lately? So far I already know three people having cancer. Sigh... sick reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment