Sunday, January 02, 2005

A new year begins with a new problem

Well, what a better way to start the new year with a family problem~! Yeah right... as if... Anyway, for the past two years, I have been going steady with someone. And I never told my family about it due to several reasons. I guess that I was afraid of them for disapproving me to have a relationship at such a young age for I knew that my parents was really, and I DO mean really strict. To keep the long story short, my mum found out that I had a boyfriend the day before yesterday. BUMMER~~

She called me to go to her room that night. She asked me a few questions to get things straighten out. Then BOOM~! Volcano erupted~! She was really angry and upset. I guess it's really natural for a mum to act that way when her kid disobeys and lies to her. Her words really hit me hard. She made me feel that as though she could never trust me again and moreover, she disapproves me having a relationship. You have no idea how that felt. It's like, I don't know how to put it into words, but, it felt like my life was over. Really, it's like my heart just crash and burn... My God... I was so devastated. I kept wondering why can't my mum be like the others, as least they are not that strict and overprotective over their children. Tears didn't work for me that night... I didn't feel any better after that... My boyfriend called and I told him what happened. He comfort me that everything will turn out all right. The best thing about my boyfriend is that, even though he is scared, afraid or terrified, he doesn't let you sense it, which is actually quite comforting in a way. As though you can rely on him no matter what. :) Well, I'm really thankful that he understands and did not let me go through this alone.

I know my mum loves me and I know she wants the best for me... I guess I need to see in her perspective of things.... I pray that God will help me through this.....

No comments:

Post a Comment