Thursday, August 30, 2007

Merdeka Eve

Merdeka Eve started just like any ordinary day. Went for classes, felt asleep between breaks, you know, just like any other day. However, at the end of the last class, suddenly there is a spur of joy that excites the heart, as if it was screaming, "TOMORROW IS A PUBLIC HOLIDAY!!!!" *giggle* From there onwards, I started to feel rather spontaneous. In the back of my mind, I know that my aim is to finish my physiology by tonight, but at that moment, I just want to enjoy myself by eating good food. Well... at least better than the food that I am used to around here. My friend and I decided to go to Sunway Pyramid for dinner as it was already 6pm. While we were walking, thinking whether we should take the cab or the bus or should we just walk there, a taxi passed by, totally ignoring us. Hmm... maybe we should walk instead? Then the bus came! Hehe.. lucky!

However, the bus was extremely packed with people. Though we were lucky enough to be seated, there was this guy standing at my left hand side whose bag really really smells. It was so awful! I was wondering, "How long did he not wash his bag???" Guys will always be guys... *shakes head in disappointment*

So, we finally reached to Sunway Pyramid and Kim Gary was the place decided to fill our empty and growling stomachs. Coincidentally, we saw some of our course-mates there as well. They told us that today Kim Gary is having a promotion. Any student will be omitted from paying the government taxes upon presenting Student ID card. Again, luck seems to be on our side so far. I don't remember the last time that we were this laid back and relax. It's great to have a time out for once. After chit chatting and dinner, we bid farewell to our friends and went on our way. Before we went back to the house, we made a final stop to have New Zealand's ice cream. We were about to turn our backs on the stall when the attendant told us that it is 50% off whatever you order. We were like, "SWEET!!!" We were very fortunate indeed. *smiling happily*

Came back and after taking a shower, I went straight to work. However, I still wasn't able to finish by tonight. I am a bit disappointed at myself because I really don't want to do any assignments during this long weekend. Sigh.. Oh.. Fireworks started when the clock strikes twelve! Hmph! The fireworks only lasted for a minute... tsk tsk... but on the bright side, I can sleep in peace! All right people, I hereby wishing you all a HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY! Enjoy your weekend! I know I will *wink*

No comments:

Post a Comment