Saturday, August 11, 2007

Home is Forever Sweet to Me

There I was, sleeping peacefully like a pig on my cozy bed. Suddenly someone jumped on me and started to hug me and shake me really hard, "Mei How, wake up already! It's already 9am! Get up!" I just can't help but smile when I think about how my Mum woke me up this morning. This reminds me once again, I am HOME! Though I did not plan to come back so early, I just love it when I get to indulge in this very moment. It's always great to be HOME! As always, when I get back here in Penang, I manage to get myself sick for quite a few times. When I went to the bathroom to freshen up, and out they went, brown coloured sputum and into the bathroom sink. I fall into FEVER mode if I don't drink up... so where's the hose?

When I try to get a bus ticket to come home yesterday afternoon, most of the buses to Penang were to start in the late evening. I was really not in favour of that at all because by the time I reached my destination, it will 10 or 11pm. And I don't want my Mum to drive alone especially after my aunt told me that it was rumoured that there were four Malay men in a green Honda car, number plate was WEX 223, whom were in Penang. Apparently, they were rapists, equipped with parang knifes. I don't know how true it is but it is still better be safe than sorry. Thankfully, after searching and praying frantically for an early bus, I finally found one that leaves at 4:30pm. What a relief! I wouldn't like to be stuck in Puduraya till 7:30pm as an alternative. Praise and Thank the LORD! And as usual, my Mum would go all out in cooking for dinner whenever anyone of her children is coming home. I had Sweet and Sour Pork, Salmon and Asparagus with Prawns.... YUM~

And oh, traffic was not that bad yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment