Wednesday, July 13, 2005

The Child in Me

There is a little girl within me,
Patiently,she is always listening,
Whenever depression comes upon me,
She is the one I seek.

That child is my comfort,
Serenity, she brings to my soul,
Always making me calm,
Whenever I can't stop spinning around.

Yes, she is there daily,
whenever I needed her,
My strength is renewed,
with her constant assurance.

But now, there is something we both fear,
as she is slowly beginning to tear,
She herself is lost and alone,
But 'do not worry', I was told.

Loneliness beyond loneliness,
is more hollow than it seems.
Without love, there is nothing to offer,
without it, the essense of life has no meaning.

She needs that secret recipe,
to stir her emotions alive!
Without it, there is emptiness in her laughter,
and the invisible tears would gradually break her apart.

From all these,
I finally realise,
What she really needs,
is Faith.

PSALM 27:7-9
"Hear, O Lord, when I cry with my voice!
Have mercy upon me, and answer me.
When You said, 'Seek My face,'
My heart said to You, 'Your face, Lord, I will seek.'
Do not hide Your face from me;
Do not turn Your servant in anger;
You have been my help;
Do not leave me nor forsake me,
O God of my salvation."

No comments:

Post a Comment