Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Flashback on My Journey through 2013

In a few short hours, the year 2013 will finally come to an end. I was listening to the radio this morning, and the DJ asked this questions, "If you were to use ONE song to describe your experience of 2013, what would it be?" Before I reveal what is THE song that best describe my journey through 2013, here are the few memorable moments that I experienced this year. 

This year started off with a sorrowful note - my beloved grandmother had gone to a better place. She left us just one day before Chinese New Year. In the Chinese culture or belief, it is somewhat a taboo for others to attend a funeral or wake during Chinese New Year. I still remembered that I was really worried that no one would show up as I figured that our friends would be having their own reunion dinner at such a time. Our prayers were answered and we were so comforted in our soul and spirit that many friends, brothers and sisters attended the wake throughout the five days. It meant so much to us. I am sure that it meant a lot to my grandmother as well. 

I still miss you, Grandma...

I am very fortunate to have good friends beside me in my daily life. People are different from each other - that is one fact that cannot be changed. It is because of those differences that we learn to grow and accept each other every day. Well... there are certain things that I am unwilling to accept but that's the beauty of friendship, you can always talk it out and find the best way to compromise and reach a comfortable decision to suit both parties. With a previous bad experience, I don't think I want to cut people out my life any more. It's tiring to stay unforgiving or mad at someone. Hopefully, I can do it. *fingers crossed* 

Thanks for giving me the encouragement at the time of need!

I personally do not update my status on Facebook very often. I do share posts that I find interesting, music videos and pictures but NOT statuses. It is the same reason why I do not use Twitter. Telling the whole world, all right, not the whole world but all the people that you know, about what you are doing, feeling and thinking at any time, is just not my style. If you do see me update my status, it could just mean two things: 1. I am bored or 2. I want attention. I brought this up is because... Thanks to my boredom one day, I wrote...


You know what happened next? My friend happened to have an extra ticket to G-Dragon's One of A Kind Concert! I was completely freaked out and I was dying to tell my gang!!! I. WAS. ECSTATIC!!! Best of all, I get to see the concert for FREE!!! Just the thought of G-Dragon's awesome see-through car, brings me back to that time of his concert... The screaming fans, the lights, the colourful props and the up-beat music - just amazing!! :D 

Swag.



Another memorable moment for me was that my mother was able to attend the Working Saints' Perfecting and Training 2013. Known to many, my father is a Buddhist. He does not like it when my mother and I attend church meetings. I do not know exactly why he is so against Christians but he did say he had bad experiences about it. So for him to let my Mum come and attend a church conference with me in KL is something huge for us! People often say that "Just do whatever you want, you are an adult." True, I am an adult. As an adult, I would like to respect my father's wishes. I would want to receive his blessings in any matter that arises. I am glad that by God's sovereignty, my dad has softened up a bit and is not that adamant about us and our belief. Praise the Lord for His mercy and grace!

^~^

Now that I think about it, I have not seen a movie until now. It was a NuffNang movie contest that we are supposed to give our thoughts and actions on what we would do if we were the biological father or mothers to 500 kids. Confused? Well, don't be. It is a movie called Delivery Man coming out in movie theatres in New Year's Day starring Vince Vaughn (The Break Up) and Cobie Smulders (who played Robin in How I Met Your Mother). Honestly speaking, I didn't think I would win because I just wrote it in the spur of the moment. Thanks to NuffNang, I got to see the premiere screening of Delivery Man which was held in Paradigm Mall yesterday night. 


It was a light-hearted comedy about a pathetic man started to make a change in his life when he found out that he is the father of 533 children. You can expect laughter and warmth. So for the year 2013, this is the ONLY movie that I saw. 

That about wraps up my 2013. I am going now to celebrate the New Year Eve with my friends. As for the song, I think BigBang's "Fantastic Baby" best describes my 2013. 

Hereby wishing you all a Happy Happy New Year~~!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment