Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Noodles for Lunch

It has been non-stop pouring on our little island... What is the best way to keep warm in this cool, somewhat cold weather? Do what we Penangnites do - EAT!!!! Yesterday I had the Penang's infamous Gu Bak Kuey Teow (Beef Noodles) near Chulia Street. One big bowl costs RM8. I was pretty lucky as the stall owner wanted to close the shop during Hari Raya, which is today! So glad that I was able to eat it before I go back to Subang on Friday.

Coming back home is always, ALWAYS a joy and comfort! Mummy would go all out and cook her best dishes. And as for today's lunch, Chicken Noodles Soup was on the menu. Mind you, this is not your typical instant noodles soup. It is boiled with chicken within a certain period of time (you wouldn't want the meat to become too soggy and soft), letting all the superb chicken essence to flow out into the soup...

Adding a bit of Chinese herbs...

Some spring onions...

and EUREKA~!
Mummy went overboard by giving me four pieces of chicken...

I went overboard by consuming everything... *BURP*

No comments:

Post a Comment